Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Down day

Well, today was the day it happened.  I just didn't want to ride.  Well, that's not exactly true since I did want to ride, but I knew I needed a day to get my sinuses straightened out.  To clear up the pressure in my ears was going to require some medications that just shouldn't be taken while balancing 850 pounds on two wheels through twisting, winding countryside.  So, I sacrificed a day of riding to medicate and rest.  The plan worked and I'm feeling much better, except for this extremely annoying scratchy throat that remains.

Our little group split into three today- one group rode out to Eureka Springs to check out a wooden suspension bridge and train museum, one group rode up to the Harley-Davidson dealership in Springfield, MO for some bike repairs and I stayed back to recuperate.  We all came back together at the end of the day for a refreshing dip in the swimming pool and then out for dinner.  At Kickstand's prompting, we all put our phones in the middle of the table and agreed not to touch them until the meal was over.  We lingered long after the meal was complete sharing stories and just hanging out.  Although I didn't get to see any new sites today, it was a successful day of appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To screen out spam and/or inappropriate remarks, comments are moderated and will not be displayed until after they are approved.